We're sorry, an error has occurred.
Surf Life Saving New Zealand Membership Declaration
1. The details set out in the Application for Membership form are true and correct. If they change, I acknowledge that I am required to notify my club of the changes, in writing as soon as possible after they occur.
2. I will be bound by the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable directions of the Club and Surf Life Saving New Zealand (SLSNZ) respectively.
3. I have voluntarily accepted and assumed the inherent risk of danger and injury in surf lifesaving.
4. I will not hold my club, SLSNZ or their respective officers responsible for any claims, losses and expenses which may arise from or in connection with my membership and/or participation in any activity authorised or recognised by my club or SLSNZ, except in the case of gross negligence or a wilful act or omission on the part of my club or SLSNZ.
5. I indemnify my club and SLSNZ from all claims, losses and expenses suffered or incurred at any time, occurring as a result of or resulting directly or indirectly from my failure to observe the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable directions of my club and SLSNZ respectively.
6. I am medically and physically fit and do not suffer from any disease or condition, either physical or mental that would affect my ability to safely participate in any authorised or recognised activities of my club or SLSNZ. If I am unsure about this declaration, or suffer from such a condition, I am aware that I must bring it to the attention of my club and SLSNZ.
7. I am not suspended from membership of a club or SLSNZ.
8. I have not had my membership of a club or SLSNZ terminated.
9. I have not failed to disclose any matter that may materially influence my club or SLSNZ’s decision whether or not to approve my membership or transfer.
10. I understand that my club and SLSNZ may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about me for the purpose of:
(a) Processing my application for membership, including assessing my suitability for membership or continued membership;
(b) Enabling my club and/or SLSNZ to address any disciplinary and/or health and safety matter(s);
(c) Providing me with information relating to my interest group(s) (if I have ticked the box(es); and
(d) Providing me with information and activities relating to my club and SLSNZ.
11. I authorise my club to disclose to future clubs my personal information that it may hold in order to assess my suitability for membership or continued membership with SLSNZ and other clubs.
12. I understand that my personal information will only be used for the purposes listed in paragraph 10 and 11 above and that:
(a) It is my responsibility to ensure that the personal information I have provided remains accurate, complete and up-to-date;
(b) My personal information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards ;
(c) I have the right to request access to my personal information;
(d) I have the right to request that my personal information is corrected upon request; and
(e) If the club or SLSNZ are unable to give me access or to correct the information that I have requested, they will give reasons for this decision when responding to my request.
13. I accept that both the club and SLSNZ have overriding discretion to decline this membership application for any reason. Provided the club or SLSNZ does not decline my membership application, I agree and understand that upon payment of my membership fee (if any) I will become a member of my club and SLSNZ and that by paying such fee each year by the due date, I will continue to be a member of my club, and SLSNZ, unless I resign or my membership is terminated.
Copies of the constitutions of the club and SLSNZ can be obtained by contacting your Club or SLSNZ via www.surflifesaving.org.nz.